2017 has only just begun but an entire month has gone…buh bye January! I’m horrible at keeping this blog up to date, but there’s no rules, right? I mean, I guess I have an excuse or two…Mommy to six kiddos 3 years old and under, Wifey, Full-Time employee…
The main purpose of this blog was to have something that I could look back to and remember moments in life. Time just goes by so quickly that you forget the little things that make you smile. Pictures capture those moments, but the story behind those pictures is what I want to remember.
I’m thinking I’m going to just start posting lots and lots of pictures (other than what’s on Facebook or Instagram) and captioning them. Find us on Facebook @Hawaii’s Quintuplets or on Instagram @quintuplets_of_hawaii I’ll also be uploading videos to our YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Shakababymommy
January brought many firsts:
- First Slumber Party
- The kiddos were so afraid of the fireworks that were going off on New Year’s Eve that we brought all our pillows and blankets out and had a Slumber Party! I think this will be a traditions for us. Perhaps next year we’ll have our own sleeping bags.
- First Steps
- Kamali’i is the first to walk. She’s a girl, so it was totally expected. From 2 steps, to 11 to almost running, that little girl is strong!
- First Fights
- Boys will be boys – nuff said!
- Girls are bossy. Need I say more?
- First Bites
- Everyone got lots of teeth, so its inevitable that this was going to happen. I always wanna bite their cute little faces, so I guess I understand 🙂
- First Kisses
- So much germs get passed around in my house. Everyone learned to kiss and they love to give em out. Seeing them kiss each other is absolutely heart-warming!
- First Words, First Sentences
- You’ll hear “dada” and “mama” from everyone, but Kamali’i says “I love you” and “Hi Daddy”
- First time to:
- Seal Life Park. Makaio has been there a few times, but this was the first for the babies. Makaio had a blast! His favorite part was feeding the fish (lettuce) and getting splashed by the Dolphins.
- Ala Moana Shopping Center. Shirokiya, Food Court, Jungle Fun and the Disney Store were the few places we explored although we were there for FOUR HOURS!
- Sam’s Club & Costco. The babies are now big enough to be able to sit in the carts and only a few stores here have carts that will hold two kiddos so it’s Daddy with Kupono & Kaolu up front, Makaio in the cart, and Mommy with the triple stroller with Kamali’i, Kapena & Keahi. It’s fun to finally be able to go to a store as a family. I know soon I won’t want to bring them with me at all, especially when they’re toddlers, but for now, it’s awesome.
- Target also has those awesome carts so we took advantage of that too!
- Wal Mart. On a Saturday afternoon. What was I thinking? Wal Mart has the most interesting (not in a good way) people.
I think that pretty much sums up our January 2017. Just add in a little bit of crying (mostly from Makaio), some screaming, scratches,smiles and lots of LOVE…